Sunday, December 14, 2008

Leaving for Buenos Aires: First and Last Taste of Autumn




At 9 a.m., the day I left for Buenos Aires, John from the furniture shop arrived at my door to pick up some furniture. I was doing all the last minute things and sort of freaking out. He said, “Now I want you to do something. Starting right now as soon as I shut this door I want you to begin writing a journal.” I said, “I’ve been doing that since 1987 actually.” He was very nice and said that if I needed anything at all, he would send it immediately. He listed a bunch of things and even mentioned money. Wow. He barely knows me. I would miss Seattle and the kindhearted people I'd come in contact with.

Leaving Seattle and Kennan, Lauren, Gillian, Adam, and Briana & coworkers was difficult. Fitting the manatee in the suitcase was hard, and so was parting with Night Owl Pumpkin Ale. Oh, and Cafe Vivace! (I don't have a pic of Top Pot Donuts!)







No comments:

About Me

My photo
The blog documenting my time on the west coast, 2007-8 is named after the first time I wore a short sleeved shirt when I was little and upon seeing my arms I freaked out and yelled "Big Arms, Big Arms!" I would like to befriend a swan with Mom and we would ride it into the sunset.

My other blogs!!

Read about Victoria and Oregon coast brew pub jaunt.

http://seabear.travellerspoint.com/

Read about my adventures in Buenos Aires.

http://buenossarahs/wordpress.com

Sarah's shared items